Big-data & Thick-data - My take on an article

I read the article, and it is fascinating. It reminds me of a puzzle that has only two parts, and yet, nobody can complete it. Big-data does not exist without thick-data, although modern approaches rely almost entirely on Big-data for making decisions.

I once attended a lecture about AI and its characteristics, and I learned that AI has its limitations, especially when it comes to identifying patterns that are not on the 'highway' of the total data. That is the area where Thick-data comes in hand. As a CI person, you'd always want to merge these kinds of data and cross-check big-data by thick-data and vs.

So, although this article is interesting, I don't see anything here but the obvious and the explanation of the right way to conduct any kind of serious intelligence research.

https://medium.com/ethnography-matters/why-big-data-needs-thick-data-b4b3e75e3d7


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

לא רק פנים-אל-פנים בכיתה — עקרונות לפיתוח אירוע למידה מקוון

Design your Intelligence Exit Strategy from the COVID-19 crisis

Comparative Market Research - Renewable Energy - Comparing Seven countries - Current state and future challenges